10 Interesting Facts About Cayenne Pepper
- Cayenne pepper is a type of chili pepper.
- Cayenne pepper originated from South America.
- The cayenne pepper plant grows to about 2-4 feet tall.
- We typically see cayenne pepper in its ground form.
- Immature cayenne pepper is green, which is also known as hot pepper.
- Cayenne peppers are actually hotter when they are more mature, in their red form.
- Cayenne pepper is available all year round.
- Cayenne pepper has been known to be used for medicinal purposes.
- Cayenne pepper is high in capsaicin, which is also an active ingredient in pepper spray.
- Cayenne pepper has many health benefits, one of which includes increasing metabolism to aid weight loss.
© Copyright 2017 That's It® Nutrition, LLC. | All Rights Reserved.