Persimmons are tasty fruits with an interesting history! Find out more about persimmon facts below!
10 Persimmon Facts
- There are about 2,000 varieties of persimmons.
- There are only 2 types of commercially available persimmons: hachiya and fuyu.
- Persimmons are typically in season from September to December.
- Fresh and dried persimmon leaves can be used to make tea.
- Persimmons originated from China.
- Persimmons belong to the berry family.
- Persimmons first came to California in the 19th century.
- It can take a persimmon tree up to 7 years before it produces fruit.
- Persimmons can be used to bake cookies and breads.
- Persimmon trees can reach 70 feet tall.
Craving some sweet fruit?
Try 100% natural That's it. Fruit Bars and Truffles today!