This is a chocolate covered raspberry cheesecake created by Marlies Hartmann (@hartmann_health). It’s raw, vegan, AND gluten free!
- 1 1/4 cup soaked cashews (cover with water for 4 hours or overnight in fridge)
- 2 That’s it. Apple + Coconut bars (or sub 1/4 cup shredded coconut and 3-4 pitted dates)
- 3 Tbsp liquid sweetener (I used @beefreehonee, a plant-based honey made from apples)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup raspberries (plus extra frozen raspberries for optional garnish)
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp cacao/cocoa powder, 2Tbs melted coconut oil, 1Tbs liquid sweetener
- for chocolate sauce (or sub melted chocolate)
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 pitted date
- Optional garnish: crushed pistachios, raspberries and edible flower petals
- For the crust: break the That’s It bars (or 3 dates/coconut) into pieces and place in food processor with almond butter, pitted date, and 1Tbs of your melted coconut oil. Process until crumbly but sticky.
- Press crust evenly and firmly into the bottom of a small oiled springform (5-6 inches. or double recipe for 9-10 inches) and place in freezer to set.
- Next, drain and rinse cashews. Place in high speed blender with lemon juice, sweetener, raspberries and melted coconut oil. Blend until smooth and whipped.
- Pour cake evenly on top of crust and tap on counter to settle. Place in freezer for 4 or more hours or until hard.
- To serve: Place on counter for 1 hour, or in fridge for 6 hours to thaw. When ready, mix up the chocolate sauce and set aside. Crush up a handful of frozen raspberries and pile on top. Drizzle on chocolate sauce and top with crushed pistachios and a few edible flower petals. Enjoy!!!