Caramel Swirl Apple Cinnamon Loaf created by Kim Capella (@pbeechie)
Makes: 8 slices
- 1.5 cups rolled outs, ground into flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (or 2 medium bananas, mashed)
- ½ TBSP cinnamon
- ½ TBSP baking powder
- ¼ cup baking stevia (Optional)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 That’s it. Zesty Apples + Cinnamon fruit bar
- 1 TBSP almond butter
- 2 TBSP brown rice syrup
First, grind the oats into a flour. Then, in a medium bowl, mix the remaining loaf ingredients together except for the That’s it. Zesty. bar. Cut the bar into 16 small pieces, then incorporate it into the batter.
Make the caramel swirl by mixing the two ingredients. Spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick spray. Pour half of the batter in. Then pour on half of the caramel, swirling it gently with a knife. Top with the remaining loaf batter, then the remaining caramel. Swirl the caramel once more.
Bake at 350 F for 40-45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, slice into 8 pieces, and enjoy!