Who’s celebrating Cinco de Mayo this week? If a healthier holiday is more your style, check out Julianna Saucier’s Fruit Fajitas, the perfect fruit-forward Mexican fare to help you celebrate.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- That’s it. Mango + Chili Fruit Bar
- That’s it. Apple + Pineapple Fruit Bar
- That’s it. Apple + Mango Fruit Bar
- That’s it. Apple + Banana Fruit Bar
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tortilla of choice
- Pineapple (freshly-diced)
- Papaya (freshly-diced)
- Mango (freshly-diced)
- Jalapeño (freshly-diced)
- Tajín seasoning or crushed red pepper
- In a food processor, combine That’s it. Fruit Bars and lime juice. Process until a fruit spread forms.
- Slice slit to the center of your tortilla.
- Spread fruit spread and fresh pineapple on the first quarter, fruit spread and fresh papaya on the second quarter, fruit spread and fresh mango on the third quarter, and fruit spread and fresh jalapeño on the fourth quarter.
- Sprinkle with Tajín seasoning or crushed red pepper as desired, then fold one quarter at a time.
- Toast for 2-3 minutes per side on a preheated skillet