Every day is Banana Day at the That’s it. offices.
But on the third Wednesday of April each year, we get to join the rest of the country in celebrating National Banana Day, and all the goodness that these shiny, yellow super-fruits bring into our lives. There’s a reason why over 100 billion bananas are eaten worldwide each year 1 . Not only are they delicious, but they’re also an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, and have been known to deliver powerful health benefits to the body in several important ways. The resulting health benefits impact everything from mood to heart health post-workout recovery, and more.
Here are just a few reasons why bananas should be a part of your daily diet:
- They’ll help you recover from strenuous workouts faster: Bananas are one of the best sources of potassium, an essential mineral that helps muscles function and recover.
- And boost your energy levels: Bananas contain glucose, an easily-digestible source of sugar that provides the body with a quick source of energy, making bananas the perfect pre-workout snack.
- Bananas can help stabilize and improve mood: The B9 found naturally in bananas has been linked to antidepressant properties due to its ability to increase the body’s production of serotonin.
- Bananas can improve your immune system: They are packed with Vitamin C, one of the body’s greatest supporters of its natural deference system.
- They can fight belly bloat: The prebiotics in bananas feed the probiotics found in the stomach, naturally fight bloating and stimulating greater gut health. Meanwhile, the banana’s potassium reduces the body’s retention of fluids. And aid in digestion: The fruit’s high fiber content is known to assist with regular digestion and normalizing bowel function.
- They can even improve your heart health: The potassium so readily found in bananas, paired with its low sodium content, has been tied to healthier blood pressure and lower risks of heart attack and stroke.
Ready to bring more banana into your life? There’s something for everyone in That’s it.’s Banana Collection:
- Banana Probiotic Fruit Bar
- Banana Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Apple + Banana Fruit Bar
- Apple + Banana Fun Size Fruit Bars