Fruit + Nut Crumble Bars created by Kim Capella (@pbeechie)
Makes: 8 cake bars
- 1 cup raw oats
- 1 TBSP ground flax
- 1 scoop (12 g) vanilla protein
- 1/4 cup baking stevia
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TBSP unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 That’s it. Zesty Apple + Pear & Ginger Fruit Bar
- 1/4 cup raw oats (rolled prefer ed, but instant is fine)
- 1 TBSP slivered almonds, crushed
- 1 TBSP chopped cashews, crushed
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- Grind the oats into a flour. Then in a medium bowl, mix together the ground oats and the remaining ingredients. It’ll be moderately thick, but if you feel it’s too thick to blend, feel free to add 2-3 TBSP more almond milk.
- Spray a 9×4 baking dish with nonstick spray and pour your batter in. Chop up the That’s it. Zesty. bar into small pieces and sprinkle on top.
- Make your granola crumble by mixing the rolled oats, almonds, cashews, and maple syrup. Sprinkle evenly on top of the cake batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 22-25 mins.
- Let cool 10 minutes then cut into 8 pieces. Enjoy!
Nutrition Info for 1 cake bar: 136 calories; 6 g fat, 17 g carbs (2 g fiber, 5 g sugar), and 5 g protein