2 Tbsp flax seed meal + 5 Tbsp water
¼ cup maple syrup or agave nectar (I used honey, but it’s not vegan)
1/3 cup cane sugar
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup peanut butter (we used Justin’s Classic Peanut Butter)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
2 That’s it. Apple + Strawberry fruit bars
¾ cup rolled oats (GF available)
½ cup almond meal
1 cup whole wheat pastry or all-purpose flour (GF available)
Topping: 8-9 teaspoon strawberry jam + 3 teaspoon more peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tin or line.
- Mix flax seed meal and water, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, sugar, and oil. Add in flax seed mix.
- Whisk in applesauce, peanut butter, salt, baking soda, baking powder, apple cider vinegar, and almond milk until well combined.
- Using a food processor or blender, grind That’s it. fruit bars for 10-15 seconds.
- Slowly fold in That’s it. fruit bars, flour, almond meal, and oats into mixture until batter is relatively thick. Add more flour if it’s too thin.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ of the way full. Top with ¾ teaspoon strawberry jam + ¼ teaspoon peanut butter. Swirl together using a toothpick.
- Bake on center rack for 26-32 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes in the pan.