Did you know pineapples can regenerate? Find out more fun pineapple facts by reading below!
- Pineapples regenerate! You can plant pineapple leaves to grow a new plant.
- Pineapples contain the bromelain enzyme which can break down proteins, so you can use them to tenderize meat.
- Hawaii produces about 1/3 of all pineapples in the world.
- Pineapples are a cluster of hundreds of fruitlets.
- Pineapples take about 18-20 months to become ready to harvest.
- Pineapples are native to South America before Christopher Columbus discovered them in 1493.
- Pineapple is the only edible fruit of its kind, the Bromeliads.
- One pineapple plant can produce one pineapple at a time.
- Pineapples ripen faster upside down.
Try That's it. Snacks
Hungry for pineapple, now? Try a That's it. Apple + Pineapple Fruit Bar today!