It’s National Mango Day! We could celebrate this flavorful fruit everyday here at That’s it., but today is the day dedicated to the mighty mango.
Here are some fun facts on one of the world’s most popular fruits to help us ring in this delicious holiday:
- Immune-boosting: Mangos contain Vitamins A and C, both of which are linked to improved functioning of the immune system
- Ancient origins: All mangos originate from Asia and first appeared over 5,000 years ago—Earth was still in the Bronze Age when they were first foraged!
- Memory boosting: Mangos contain glutamic acid, which is said to help strengthen memory and allow you to concentrate better.
- It’s all in the family: Mangos grow on an evergreen tree (scientifically known as Mangifera Indica) which is actually a member of the cashew and pistachio family!
- Eye-friendly: Mangos are rich in carotenoids, which may help protect your eyes from the damaging effects of blue light.
Celebrate this superfruit anywhere with our Apple + Mango Fruit Bars.