Here is a hazelnut banana bread recipe that is both hearty and delicious!
Hazelnut Banana Bread Recipe:
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flax seed meal + 2.5 Tbsp water)
3 That’s it. Fruit Bars. (We used Apple + Banana)
3 medium ripe bananas
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
¼ cup cane sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
2-3 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar (or honey if not vegan)
3 ½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 ¼ cup almond meal
1 ¼ cup gluten free flour (or all-purpose flour if not GF)
1 ¼ cup gluten free oats
¼ cup Justin’s Hazelnut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Oil loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax egg and set aside for 5 minutes.
- With a food processor, process That’s it. fruit bars until grain texture.
- In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork until smooth.
- Combine vanilla extract, coconut oil, cane sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, almond milk, and flax egg.
- Stir in fruit bar mixture, almond meal, flour, and oats.
- Pour into loaf pan, then drizzle Justin’s Hazelnut Butter on top. Take a knife or skewer and swirl to disperse.
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes – 1 hour 15 minutes. It should feel firm and gold brown on the top.
- Let it rest in the pan for approximately 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to a few days. Slice and freeze for longer storage.
Recipe incorporated from Minimalist Baker.